August 01, 2013

Short meditation on death

Sorry about irregular posts lately. There are only so many hours (or miles) in a day. Still, I think I have a thought to share about what to stand for in the brief time we are alive.

Here's the deal. We are only here for a little while. Therefore, it seems to me that what we do while we do here matters.

I don't know with certainty what if anything happens after this life. We could die into God, into karma, or into nothingness. Or into any number of other possibilities.

Still, given the shortness of it all, I can't understand the mentality of people who, at the end of it all, will only be able to say that they helped the rich and powerful stick it to the vast majority of the human race. It seems cowardly. Dishonorable. Disgusting even. Pitiful. What a waste of a human life.

Meanwhile, here are two items, apropos of nothing, that caught my eye today:

CUTTING 5 MILLION FROM FOOD STAMPS seems to be the goal of Republicans in the US House.

A FRIEND OF MINE CALLS B.S. ON THE NRA here.

GOAT ROPE ADVISORY LEVEL: INCOMPREHENSIBLE

1 comment:

Bbo said...

Reminds me of :

“We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.”
― Charles Bukowski