June 21, 2013

A day late and...

El Cabrero has been running around so much lately that I feel like a road kill in waiting. And the running isn't over yet. A lot of this week was spent on programs celebrating the African American contribution to West Virginia history. Ironically, I didn't make it to the state's official 150th birthday celebration yesterday. Or, to put it another way, I celebrated it by talking with around 200 WV kids about how we could make WV a better place. I guess that would count.

In that vein, here's a reflection on WV history by my editor at the Gazette, Dawn Miller, a great advocate as well as a great journalist and here's an article on one of my favorite WV historians, John Alexander Williams.

ONE FOR THE ROAD. Finally, here's a look at who would benefit by an increase in the minimum wage.

Now, it's once more unto the breach...

No comments: