February 20, 2012

The zombies are going to get jealous...

...if I keep writing about possums, but I must include the following correspondence from a Goat Rope reader in Pennsylvania:


We live in Germantown - a very urban area, but one in which we do see possums wandering occasionally.
 Many  years ago our downstairs tenants asked us to look after their Scottie dog, Angus, for a weekend.  There was snow on the ground.  We took him for a long walk on his leash through our nearby Wissahickon Park.  When we got back, we released him from the leash for a run in our back garden.  He ran to the back wall and all of a sudden there was a  tremendous screeching and growling.  I ran up the garden path to find a whirling ball of fur, put my boot on it and hauled on Angus's collar.  Fortunately, the animals fall fell apart.  A huge possum ran off, and I dragged Angus, still barking into the house.  Miraculously neither animal was hurt.  We confessed to Angus's owners after checking very carefully over every inch of body.  

This just goes to show that  possums aren't just for hillbillies anymore.

p.s. I promise to do my best to do my duty to refrain from mentioning these primitive mammals any more until the Annual Thanksgiving Possum Recipe edition. Unless it really seems like the right thing to do at the time.

NOTE:  The link truck broke down today.

GOAT ROPE ADVISORY LEVEL: ELEVATED

No comments: