October 24, 2011

Rendezvous with destiny...and a skunk


We knew that it was written into the very fabric of the universe. We knew the day would come. We knew it was only a matter of time before Arpad, our Great Pyrenees and the official security chief of Goat Rope Farm, would have a run-in with a skunk.

He stays pretty busy at night keeping an eye out for unwelcome visitors. Possums and raccoons have fallen to his wrath. Coyotes keep their distance. But last night he picked a quarrel with a member of the striped tail tribe and he had the odor to prove it.

Of course, under ordinary circumstances I would have rushed to de-skunkify him but this morning I left the house before 4 am to catch a flight.

As Dylan said, "I can't help it if I'm lucky."

NOTE: the link truck is broke down again. Well may the world go.

GOAT ROPE ADVISORY LEVEL: ELEVATED

1 comment:

hollowdweller said...

I had this dream one of the cats had p*ssed in the house and I was trying to find it. I was smelling the couch, the plants, etc sniffing but I couldn't find where the cat had sprayed.

Then I woke up and a skunk had sprayed outside and it was drifiting thru our poorly insulated house.

There was one last night at our place too. I could smell it. Wonder if it's breeding season??